We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you a talented Senior Platform and Application Support Analyst? If so, we need you! We’re looking for someone to join our Technology and Data team in either Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey.
As the Senior Platform and Application Support Analyst you provide 2nd and 3rd line support in relation to IT problems, incidents and service requests predominantly around our core platform Focus and integrated 3rd party services. This will include sustaining high SLA results to help ensure quality of service to our business end-users within expected time frames to guarantee data quality is at is maximum allowing accuracy within core business reporting. Operating and owning core processes and procedures that sustains maximum platform up-time. Platform Support take the lead on all Problems and Major Incidents with the need to engage with various Technology teams to aid investigation, communications, mitigation and root cause solutions. This role will require you to cover shifts 08:00 – 20:00 Monday - Friday and staff performing this role are expected to occasionally work anti-social hours for specific project tasks and deliveries
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have strong IT Technical skills.
- Be able to take full ownership of problems and projects.
- Be ambitious with a keen desire to learn and develop.
- Come from either an Insurance or a strong IT background.
- Pro-actively maintain the Focus application and estate so that it is supported, and failures minimised.
- Log, analyse, triage and prioritise all IT Incidents, Problems and Changes received via all communication channels into the team.
- Ensure that systems/ applications / services in own area run and meet business Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets.
- As part of the team’s support operating hours to carry out without failure daily morning health checks on the estate as well as end of day and ensuring core processes and tasks have successfully run that day.
- Analyse Incident, Problem and Change data to identify the underlying causes and propose resolutions via Service Improvement Plans.
- Ensure that the team processes and procedures are kept up-to-date, amending and creating documentation for storage and access within our Knowledge Base systems.
- Display leadership in area of specialisation, e.g. championing new features and best practice.
- Partners with the IT leadership team to define project technology scope, budget, schedule and deliverables.
- Work closely with internal and external development teams to ensure new systems and changes to existing systems are implemented efficiently and on-schedule and all post deployment issues are logged and resolved appropriately.
- Provide extended support during delivery of Change, identifying any potential impact on infrastructure, the core platform; Focus or within any 3rd party services used across the platform.
- Assist with covering the supported hours of the team across weekdays and to have a flexible approach for evenings and weekends to provide extended support where needed.
- Troubleshoot and manage the configuration of the existing technical capabilities to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Working with the team lead to identify any weaknesses in existing tooling, dashboards and reports that are used to help maintain production up-time. Suggestions on improvements both short and long term.
- Manage, support and co-ordinate on post release critical issues through to successful resolution, working with all parties concerned, including communication to key stakeholders.
- Recognising the importance and severity of incidents and problems ensuring direct management is advised where necessary to help manage escalations and business stakeholder expectations.
- Provide software support by resolving business users queries in their daily use of any supported software.
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times.
- Technical role model within the Platform Support team, e.g. this will involve technical development through the facilitation of workshops, production of standards, procedures and documentation and running or attending training sessions.
- Work with Business Change department to assist in the delivery of Projects/Change, ensuring suitable post production support procedures are accounted for prior to any release or deployment of new functions, platforms or tooling with a clear Level 1-3 support process is in place as well as paths for escalation.
- Support out of hours software upgrades/implementations and testing in conjunction with Business Change, development and other stakeholders
- Support and co-ordinate on post release critical issues through to successful resolution, working with all parties concerned, including communication to key stakeholders and Technology Management.
- Proactively identify and track risk and issues using the documented processes.
- In addition to working shifts to cover 08:00 – 20:00 Monday - Friday staff performing this role are expected to occasionally work anti-social hours for specific project tasks and deliveries
- Record and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible
- Support first-line investigation and diagnosis of incidents and service requests.
- Verify resolution with users and resolve incidents in Atlas
- Escalate incidents at risk of breaching SLA to team. Recording reasons for SLA breach against any Incident and Service Request for review in improvement as well as providing context for end user or stakeholders.
- Owns all incidents and service requests throughout the lifecycle
- Keep users informed about their incident’s status at agreed intervals
- Perform daybook processes to ensure renewal invites, extracts and pre-accepts are processed.
- To own on all daily and weekly processes within the platform ensuring delivery of Renewal functions including batches, reporting and help maintain expected retention levels of business.
- Ensure that the daily BACS processing is run in accordance with the scheduled jobs
- Monitor the Focus platform using tools provided, and ensure alerts are acted on and resolved.
- Pro-active mindset to help identify potential incidents before production and end users are impacted.
- Comprehensive understanding of core platform and services to understand response levels and down stream impact of any degraded service.
- The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and tasks. Other similar or additional duties are to be performed or assigned.
Qualifications / Experience
- ITIL Foundation V3.
- Good experience of enterprise software and application support and delivery.
- Good understanding of the Focus Platform.
- Over 5 years IT operations and service delivery management.
- SDI Service Desk Analyst – Desired.
- Good understanding of Cherwell Service Management Tool or similar.
- Some experience in MS SQL will be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Good technical skills.
- People management skills.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills. Implement and use time tracking methods within daily workloads.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems.
- Excellent technical skills.
- User administration.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Excellent understanding of IT infrastructure.
- Able to own problems and see them through to resolution.
- Ability to understand data and it’s value. To be able to create reports and dashboards from within the SMT and/or PowerBI.
Good understanding of First Central’s applications in one or all the following:
- FOCUS (Insurance Policy System).
- Microsoft Dynamics / Siskin (CRM System).
- AIA (Document generation).
- SharePoint (Collaboration Toolkit).
- Atlas (CSM) Tool.
- Good understanding of the Focus Daybook processes.
- Knowledge of service desk / issue logging tools.
- Knowledge of latest MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of MS Windows server.
- Knowledge of Service Management Techniques (ITIL).
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF).
- Knowledge of web platforms / web applications.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- An organised and pro-active approach.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Takes initiative to make decisions.
- Takes ownership & responsibility of issues.
- Understands the importance of owning incidents and problems that need extended effort and time to resolve that day.
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business.
- Recognition of team values and culture and can operate successfully within the core team.
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values.
- Understands the value in training and upskilling, gaining additional qualifications to be able to support future Technology and Business needs.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.