We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We have a great opportunity for a front-foot Project Manager to join our Business Services team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or Salford Quays, Manchester.
You’ll be central to driving the delivery of our ambitious Technology Programme, contributing to multiple, concurrent projects with ownership of both business and IT change elements – people, process, technology and data are all in the mix.
We’re looking for a Project Manager who has successfully delivered change within a Technology environment and who can be dextrous, enjoys diversity and has experience of insurance environments with a view to working alongside the Executive Sponsor, Programme Manager, third-party suppliers and our in-house change disciplines to deliver our strategic IT roadmap.
You'll be assuring the delivery of change through the full project life cycle: idea - design - delivery - transition to BAU and closure.
A progressive stakeholder management approach is key to this role, ownership, dexterity, creativity and a willingness to get involved and drive the sense of shared endeavour that underpins everything we do.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
Have strong demonstrable experience of delivering IT Operations projects
Have good knowledge of Azure infrastructure
Have proven experience of a Project Management role in an agile environment
Have a progressive stakeholder approach
- Deliver multiple, concurrent projects and business area backlog items with responsibility for all business and IT change elements
- Lead and coordinate change activity, working with programme managers and C-suite executives to maintain a strategic delivery roadmap
- Manage projects of varying ‘scale’ as well as business area backlog items from idea through to delivery and closure, adopting proportionate governance and using the established change delivery framework
- Maintain momentum and direction, delivering to the agreed scope, timeframe and budget with resource planning and accurate estimation treated as fundamental principles
- Practice a progressive stakeholder management approach, building invested relationships, and where appropriate, employing an agreed engagement and communication plan
- Actively manage project risks, issues and dependencies
- Plan and coordinate work with other internal departments to ensure internal resource requirements are understood and the right resources are available when required
- Direct the activities of third-party providers ensuring delivery to time, quality and budget
- Report progress to senior board members through steering groups and established monthly reporting
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Formal project management qualification such as APMP, PRINCE2, Agile Project Management or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of managing the delivery of complex Technology projects
- Experience in IT Operations projects, including service desk systems is desirable
- Strong knowledge of Azure infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse change portfolio with concurrent initiatives underpinned by proven dexterity, creativity and the efficient use of resources
- Solid experience of all stages of the project delivery and software development lifecycle
- Experience of engaging and managing third parties
- Experience of working within an FCA-regulated industry, ideally within financial services or insurance is desirable
- Strong planning and control expertise
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent workshop and meeting facilitation skills
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Fantastic training and development opportunities
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
A health cash plan
Help with travel expenses
The opportunity to buy additional holiday
Company pension scheme
Group life assurance
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .