We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior New Business Manager to join our Marketing team in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex or working remotely from home.
You will assist the Head of New Business in the execution of the Groups Distribution strategy delivering budgeted new business sales and revenue targets whilst delivering good customer outcomes.
You'll lead on 3rd party relationships management with all Distribution partners including Price Comparison Websites for the Commercial area and will create new business relationships with potential clients and developing and implementing new distribution models.
You will Pro-actively enhance existing channel activity across PCWs and Direct, pre-empting market changes and developing concepts that capitalise upon them, with the clear objective of maintaining low acquisition costs and driving LTV through an optimised acquisition funnel.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
Experience working in a role focussed on New Business
- Extensive account management experience
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management experience
- Experience working in the Insurance industry
- Support the NB pillar and deliver the commercial plan with a strong focus on maximising NB sales and revenue
- Assist in the development and execution of the Group Distribution strategy ensuring the required capital, resource and governance is in place to succeed.
- Drive the New Business Strategy through strong relationships with Retail Pricing, Finance, Product, CRO, Marketing and IT areas to deliver constant optimisation our position
- Manage relationships with key PCW and Distribution partners, lead commercial negotiations to deliver acquisition costs in line with the strategy and targets to drive maximum Group value
- Demonstrate a market leading approach to partnerships, by delivering on our joint business plans with key focus on co-funded investment initiatives and non-price proposition innovation.
- Lead the commercial executive’s helping develop and coach them to achieve their personal objectives and maximise their contribution towards the Commercial and Marketing plans.
- Lead the Distribution programme of technical work, collaborating with internal stakeholders across the business to ensure timely development and delivery of initiatives.
- Responsibility for maintaining department NB risk registers (as applicable), providing evidence and commentary for controls, updates for Mitigation Actions and maintaining control matrices and attestations. Also, to ensure that your employees are aware of their responsibility to identify and report risk.
- Support the wider Commercial and Marketing initiatives for new products, conversion optimisation, pricing, CRM, data and fraud.
- Be a trusted Distribution SME, developing and maintaining relationships internally, externally and with key industry bodies to elevate the business position and any new opportunities through industry conferences and events.
- Representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Job Specific Competencies
Experience & knowledge
- Senior Leadership in a Commercial function with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Experience of managing third party relationships at a senior level.
- Demonstrable experience in identifying opportunities to increase and optimise distribution opportunities.
- Significant experience in financial services
- P&L management
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements (including FCA and ASA)
- Detailed knowledge of personal lines insurance distribution, particularly price comparison websites
- Detailed understanding of business objectives
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to rapidly quantify opportunities and risk to inform the prioritisation of activity
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills with the ability to match external partner requirements with the needs of the business
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to inspire and coach from senior management to assistant level digital professionals
- Ability to think creatively with an attitude that inspires colleagues to turn ideas into reality
- Ability to think in a structured way to solve problems and capitalise on opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to present complex issues to a wide range of stakeholders
- People leadership
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Commercial focused with a highly driven, trading like mentality to delivering results
- Highly collaborative and self-sacrificing when appropriate
- Empathetic approach to leadership with an ability to get the best out of a wide range of stakeholders
- Analytical by nature with a focus on data-based decision making
- A driven attitude to deliver change and rapidly overcome obstacles
- An agile approach to project management and able to rapidly react to changes in business priorities to take advantage of emerging business and customer opportunities
- Compassionate leader able to identify and respond to the needs of colleagues to provide a great working environment and deliver target outcomes
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organized and proactive approach
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.