We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Senior Statistical Analyst to join our Commercial and Marketing team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
You’ll be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and updating existing statistical models and will need to solve key company questions, provide analysis, insight and competitive advantage to the company by producing recommendations, analysis and reports that maximise customer satisfaction and the profitability of the company.
We’re looking for someone who’ll pro-actively seek ways to improve existing processes in the Retail Pricing Team & to implement and advise on analysis strategy for the company, with particular focus on customer behaviour and motor insurance market dynamics.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have experience of personal lines insurance analysis
- Have experience of SAS, Emblem, Excel and advanced statistical techniques
- Have good knowledge of motor insurance products and the motor insurance industry
• Produce regular business analysis reports
• Maintenance of analysis programs written in SAS, RADAR, and other software packages
• Write new analysis code using SAS, RADAR, and other software packages
• Build predictive models using SAS, EMBLEM, and other software packages
• Ad hoc project work providing analysis to the business
• Monitor, maintain, update and improve existing predictive models
• Produce timely and accurate information for management decision-making purposes
• Apply statistical techniques including generalised linear modelling and non-linear methods to improve the performance of the company
• Liaise with other departments on data issues, business effects influencing company reports, business processes and operational issues
• Analyse business issues to find solutions to and make recommendations to improve profitability
• Present findings and results in a clear and logical manner; produce written reports
• Provide input and advice into company analysis strategy and the effective implementation of that strategy to meet company requirements
• Create an innovative approach which drives the business forward by introducing new analytical methods, making use of new data sources and producing reporting suites to track performance
• Implement department timescales on any standard report production, ad hoc business queries, and external requests
• Produce research that will improve business practice
• Train, develop & guide Analysts and Graduate Analysts within the team
• Manage workloads and motivate any direct reports to ensure engagement and productivity
Experience & knowledge
• Strong background in statistical methods
• Experience of personal lines insurance analysis
• Experience of SAS, Emblem, Excel and advanced statistical techniques
• Proven ability to produce outstanding results based on own initiative
• Experience in people and project management
• Broad knowledge of statistical methods and techniques
• Good knowledge of motor insurance products and the motor insurance industry
• Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations
Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum 2:1 in a numerical undergraduate discipline
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good time management and organisation skills
• Strong mathematical skills
• Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
• Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
• Strong IT skills (including Excel and ideally programming skills)
• People and project management skills
• Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability
• Commercially focused
• Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
• Quick learner
• Able to transfer skills and knowledge to others
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• An organised and pro-active approach
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• A flexible approach and positive attitude
• Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
• Takes initiative to make decisions
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .