We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need a Finance Business Partner to join our Finance team in Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey or Gibraltar on a hybrid work pattern.
As, Finance Business Partner, you'll be embedded within the pillar leadership team representing finance and acting as a peer of the members of that team. You'll assist the business to drive value by proactively influencing business decisions through provision of key information and challenge.
With a broad skill-set, including stakeholder management at multiple levels, commercial acumen, problem solving, presentational skills and change management you'll provide financial and strategic support.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- be degree educated or hold an Accountant qualification such as ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- be a strategic thinker and ability to look at the bigger picture
- have the ability to work with ambiguity or to make broad assumptions to make a recommendation
Strategic and Commercial Acumen
• Identify and understand business strategy and provide highly relevant insight into business performance
• Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of key business performance (KPI’s) drivers and be able to draw conclusions from the suite of KPI’s available
• Add value through support and challenge of the business in all commercial decision making, providing financial analysis support as necessary
• Create excellent relationships with key stakeholders across the business and within the pillar
• Partner with the senior leadership teams to deliver accurate financial information to aid decision making to maximise shareholder value and return
Performance Monitoring and Challenge
• Drive the monitoring of the business performance against the market cycle model on a monthly basis
• Have mastery of the trading KPIs. Understanding all trading KPIs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and extrapolate that performance to the financial impact influencing options to mitigate any shortfall
• Act as a key stakeholder in the decision-making process through the provision of financial information and analysis
• Review monthly reporting of financials and key metrics, including achievement versus budget and forecast highlighting areas of concern
• Provide insightful analysis and value-add variance commentary in relation to both income and expenditure
• Work cross functionally with business managers to align targets and challenge business performance
• Benchmark internal performance; attend external conferences to gain insight to best practice and future state for insurance and finance
Planning and Forecasting
• Drive the creation of the annual Budget and quarterly reforecast for the business, gathering relevant data and helping to determine assumption development across the plan period
• Ensure the change initiatives are correctly reflected in the budgets and forecasts
• Ensure the internal IT development for the initiatives is correctly reflected in the budgets and forecasts
Business Initiatives and Tracking
• Drive business improvements and contribute to the success of the business. Act as a catalyst in driving forward initiatives critical to delivering the strategy
• Facilitate the development of cost benefit analysis for initiatives and assist in developing presentations to Exco
• Ensure the benefits of initiatives are accurately tracked and presented on a monthly basis and challenge where appropriate
Link into Finance
• Ensure the business receives appropriate support from all relevant Finance functions including Treasury and Capacity planning.
• Provide business expertise into accounting processes
• Be an ambassador for the finance function
• Lead a small team of Junior business partners and modelers as appropriate for the size of the pillar
Experience & knowledge
• Degree educated
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
• Extensive PQE, ideally within the insurance industry
• Significant Finance Business partnering experience at a senior level
• Excellent Stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate and appropriately challenge senior management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills including verbal, and written
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
• Very Commercially aware and focused
• Driven and pro-active, self-starter, and enthusiastic
• Team player and ability to forge relationships at all levels within the organisation
• Deadline driven
• Strong analytical skills with an eye on details
• Willingness to roll up sleeves and get involved in the detail if necessary
• Good excel skills
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.