We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need an Assistant Company Secretary (Co-Sec) to join our Governance team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex on a hybrid work pattern.
Assiting the Head of Company Secretary in matters relating to Executive and Board governance, and in the day-to-day running of the Department to meet Departmental and Company Objectives, you'll provide support in drafting of reports, maintaining of registers, analysis of information/data, and in the recording of Minutes, Actions and Decisions.
With knowledge of legislations relating to Companies Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, Legal and Corporate Governance, you'll also need the following to be successful in this role:
- experience of working in a governance and administration role
- experience of managing senior stakeholders at Executive and Board level
- an excellent work ethic and diligence in production and ownership of work and responsibilities
- Support the Head of Company Secretary in the organisation and management of all Group Board and Executive meetings as well as other forums as required.
- Assist the Head of Company Secretary in the governance and oversight of all Group Boards, Committees and additional forums as required, including the recording of Minutes, Actions and Decisions.
- Provide general support to the Head of Company Secretary as and when required, including the drafting of reports, maintaining of registers, and analysis of information/data, etc.
- Support the Head of Company Secretary in the review, relevance and maintenance of Corporate Policies.
- Assist the Head of Company Secretary in maintaining the register of Key Issues and monitor progress against agreed Actions and target dates.
- Collate and draft Reporting Packs, working with all departments to coordinate inputs and assure overall quality.
- Lead on the reporting and coordination of Executive Committee and Board materials.
- Lead of aspects of corporate and strategic governance with support from the Head of Company Secretary
- Lead on the formal tracking and management of Executive and Board actions and decisions
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times including SM&CR and TCF.
- Assist the Head of Executive Office in the renewal of the Insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises.
- Be fully aware of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Knowledge of legal and/or corporate governance process
- Good understanding of Commercial and Business landscapes
Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding of UK Motor Insurance industry.
- Investigative and intuitive mindset.
- Diplomatic, personable and pragmatic.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work at pace against challenging deadlines
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good IT and software skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values.
- Organised and proactive approach.
- Takes initiative to make decisions.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude.
- Approachable and keen to help others.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.