We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Have you got an eye for detail and a passion for inspiring communications that stand out? Yes… then read on. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Creative Content Writer to join our Internal Communications team in Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
Using your strong copywriting skills, you’ll be responsible for developing and creating content for our internal communications channels to ensure our colleagues are informed, updated and motivated. Supporting internal communication channels and campaigns, you’ll produce appealing and engaging content, such as updating the Intranet with new content, using the SharePoint content management system, researching and writing content for our in-house weekly newsletter, and copywriting for guides, presentations, video scripts and interviews
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Be educated to degree level, with qualifications in English, Business or Communications preferable
- Have demonstrable experience with Office 365 tools, including Teams, and working knowledge of SharePoint
- Have first-class drafting, proofreading and editing skills, and be able to write and produce compelling and engaging content under pressure and at short notice, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Produce appealing and engaging content to support internal comms channels and campaigns, including:
- Supporting the Internal Communications team with communications on a range of subjects
- Updating the Intranet with new content when required, using the SharePoint content management system
- Researching and writing content for a weekly newsletter
- Copywriting for guides, presentations, video scripts, interviews etc
- Proofreading and improving content as required
- Work collaboratively with the wider People team to support with their content requirements
- Build key relationships across the business to support written content and communications
- Develop and maintain a content calendar aligned to our corporate narrative and other clearly defined topics and priorities, including company roadmap, external events, and internal projects
- Regularly review feedback regarding our internal communications and adapt approach/ content as required
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Educated to degree level, qualifications in English, Business or Communications preferable
- Experience with the suite of Office 365 tools, including Teams, and working knowledge of SharePoint is desirable but not essential
- Excellent creative written and spoken skills and feel confident writing for a variety of audiences and formats sticking to an agreed style and tone of voice
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- First-class drafting, proofreading and editing skills, and be able to write and produce compelling and engaging content under pressure and at short notice, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and proactive - able to juggle and prioritise a busy workload
- Professional and calm under pressure
- Enthusiasm, can-do attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
- A strong relationship builder who can manage partnerships at all levels
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .