We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you a talented Quality Lead Engineer? If so, we need you!
We have a great opportunity for a new team member to join our Technology and Data Department in Salford Quays, Manchester.
In the last few years, First Central Group has seen rapid growth, no more so than in our data services division. What has become apparent over the last 18 months, is that data services are lacking a quality function with a mature quality framework, with which to deliver industry leading testing on our legacy and future platforms. To meet these demands, we are looking to hire a Quality Lead Engineer, and a team of Quality Engineers to support them.
The Quality Lead Engineer will be responsible for the day to day management of automated and manual testing of all reporting, data pipelines, and data warehousing within FCG, on both Legacy and Data Transformation Program platforms. Structured testing is required, ensuring the quality of releases. Act as an assurance gateway ensuring that any change of business process or the technical solution is fit for purpose and managing the acceptance process into the operational business areas. You will be responsible for building up and leading the Quality Team to the success of each project.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have expert practical knowledge of testing and testing automation
- Be an expert in working with web-based applications and Azure cloud technologies, working at Enterprise level.
- Expert knowledge of all stages of the database development and test lifecycle
- Leadership – provide leadership and direction to the Testing Team. To engineer quality into the data services team and data services products.
- Define best practice, provide guidance to the quality team and create quality framework for testing in data services.
- Act as an assurance gateway ensuring any change of business process or technical solution is fit for purpose
- Manage acceptance process into the relevant operational business areas
- Understand and communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical team members
- Delivery & Quality Management – responsible for leading the team and supporting assigned work packages to deliver work to agreed timescales and quality
- Performance Management & Improvement – Contribute to the continual improvement of quality team and methods
- Processes and Tools – promoting & enforcing the effective use of processes and tools within the teams and assigned work packages; proactively recommending improvements and new approaches
- Technical & Commercial Knowledge – maintains an understanding of First Central Group applications, architecture, and technologies together with a good awareness of the Insurance Industry, First Central Group clients and commercial activities.
- Development and implementation of improved work practices
- Responsible for the management and performance of all staff in their team, ensuring the team have the relevant level of resources, skills & experience to meet the business needs. Performing 1-2-1s, proactively dealing with people issues, staff motivation & development.
Experience & knowledge
- Will possess expert practical knowledge of testing and testing automation
- Extensive experience gained working with web-based applications and Azure cloud technologies
- Will have experience of all stages of the database development and test lifecycle
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Able to effectively prioritise your own workload when under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- ITSQB qualification is desirable
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Resilience with which to lead culture change within data services and the wider business
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .